Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT

Default computer question

SteveB wrote:

"CJT" wrote in message

CBHVAC wrote:

"CJT" wrote in message

SteveB wrote:

Well, I can't figure it out, so I will ask youse guys .........

When I bring up my home page, or ebay, or lots of sites, the pictures
look
like mosaics. They are recognizable, but appear as small chunks, like a
mosaic.

I went to control panel - display - and went through the stuff there
about
the drivers and updating. It said it had the latest driver, and that it
was
functioning properly.

Well, it isn't.

Am I missing something simple, or is my video card shot?

Steve

Have you got your screen resolution set properly?

You can probably access it from that same control panel / display
window under "Settings." There's a slider in the lower right that
on my machine is labeled "Screen area." Slide it to the right
(if possible) and click "Apply."

--

Thinking either that, or hes got his colors set to 256...

Good thought. Set on that same item of Control Panel.

Nope. That doesn't do it. Color set at highest - 32bit.

Remember the Simpsons episode with Xena, where she gave a press
conference before being abducted by Comic Book Man?

A wizard did it.

:-)