Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding
Grant Erwin

Default Victor torch tip part number meaning?

The tip I'm looking at has 2 lines of stampings. The first line says "VICTOR"
and the second line says "1-5-101".

I now know it's a type 5 style 101 size 1 Victor tip, fits very few torch
attachments, only comes in sizes 0,1,2. I was only interested in Victor cutting
torch stuff because many of their cutting torches have tips in sizes as small as
000 (in fact they have the smallest cutting torch tips I know of). I have Airco
tips as big as I will ever need, bet I could scrap out the Golden Gate Bridge
easily if they wanted me to, but cutting 1/8" steel with a 00 tip on my Airco
torch I still get some melting on the sides. I'm going to special order a type
124 tip in size 00 and see if the low preheat tip works any better.

Victor seems downright stingy with their technical data compared to Concoa (Airco).

Grant

glensmith wrote:
Hi,

Is the tip a Victor tip? After I read your message I checked the tips at
work. 4 different brands and 4 different ways of stamping the size on the
tip. One was the same as Victor (size-1-101) one was (1-101-size) One had
No.size below the 1-101. Another just had the size below the 1-101.

The only thing consistent was the series/type (1-101).

What brand is your tip.

Glen
"Grant Erwin" wrote in message

I picked up an older Victor 100 type handle with cutting torch attachment.

It's

a nice kit. It has 2 cutting torch tips with it, both numbered 1-5-101. I

figure

the first bit, the leading '1', means it is a No. 1 tip. Almost every

Victor tip

I see has the last bit, the '101', don't know what that means. It's the

middle

part, '5' in this case, that makes no sense to me.

Anyone know what these numbers mean for sure?

GWE