Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

Default Bandsaw question...

6 pitch is great for brass/alum bar, 24-32 for thin-wall tube. Nice to have
an assortment--oh, and a friend w/ a blade welder!
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"Pete Snell" wrote in message
Pete C. wrote:

I've been lusting after a nice H/V bandsaw like the Jet version that
goes for around $900 which is unfortunately more than my budget. I was
reminded of my need for a bandsaw last night while cutting a few pieces
of 3/8" AL plate with a hacksaw.

It seems that Harbor Freight has the el-cheapo bandsaw that is normally
about $200 on sale for $170 and they've sent me yet another 20% off
coupon which would make it about $136. Of course I'd still have to buy a
good name brand blade and some new bearings to get it into shape. The
question is - At $136 + tax and tune up parts, is this bandsaw too
useful to pass up?

Thanks,

Pete C.

Yes. Buy it, and some good blades. 10 and 14 pitch are handiest.

Pete

--
__
Pete Snell

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
- George Bernard Shaw