Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP

Default CENTRAL HEATING..BOTH SWITCHES ON OR NOT?

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 21:00:02 -0000, "altheman" alan@ford50(no
spam).freeserve.co.uk wrote:

hello, this may a stupid question to some but to me it is not...i have
recently moved into another house...the current central heating system is
run with a ...RANDALL 4033 PROGRAMMER....it has 2 switches...one that
controls the hot water...the other controls the central heating (
radiators)...what i can gather the PROGRAMMER is approx 20yrs old...but
still seems to work perfectly...my question therefore is....do i need to put
both switches down to run just the central heating ?..for just the hot
water i only put 1 switch down...but someone said that to run the radiators
i had to put both switches down...even if i only wanted radiators on and NOT
hot water,we also have a BAXI gas fire with a back boiler ( if that is of
any importance)..many thanks in advance

Can you say whether you have gravity HW or is it all pumped?