Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos

Default OT - Spanking...Should You or Shouldn't You?

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Harold and Susan Vordos says...

Sorry, that calls for some serious intervention, and consistency.

Intervention doesn't have to be serious. But it *does* have
to be consistent. That's the key.

Kids need to know that if a parent says something's gonna
happen, if the parent says it's going to happen.

Yeah, I think that's what I had in mind with what I said. Serious doesn't
mean you change position on the couch and ignore the problem at hand, it
gets your undivided attention and something changes, for the better, and
your butt doesn't see the couch again until that happens. If a spanking
(on the soft fleshy ass, where it stings good but doesn't break anything) is
a part of the punishment for not responding, so be it. That didn't
happen with my brother and his kids. You may conclude that my brother and
I are not much alike. You're right. I'm not convinced he knows the
difference between right or wrong, nor truth from fiction. It's hard to
believe that two such diametrically opposites came from the same parents.

Every time a kid hears that something will, and it doesn't,
that's a behavior problem in the making.

Hence my wife's comment that when she was a kid, there was no
"wait till your father comes home" nonsense. You screwed up,
you got clobbered by mom, right on the spot.

Jim

That may account for the monster I was as a kid. My mother often reminded
me of how I was going to *get it* when my dad got home. Some times she
was right. I ate soap (not my idea, but my mouth apparently needed
cleansing) and "enjoyed" various spanking as a kid-----which appeared to
have had little affect. Yet, I recall on three different occasions in
school where corporal punishment was administered on me---each, somehow,
strangely toning me down. I think it works. I gained one hell of a
lot of respect for each of the teachers once I had been squared away. And
I still remember.

Harold