Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Electrical : 3 way -- Single Pole (Light Switch)

On 23 Nov 2005 01:39:11 -0800, "AC" wrote:

I've replaced some old switches. However, after replacing one switch
for the basement staircase (originally 3 way switch with common written
on the back) ... I replaced it with a new single pole switch.

- 3 wires originally (2 on top) (1 on bottom)
- now the switch has become a master

How do I fix this problem ? Do I need to go out and buy a 3 way switch
? Or can I can I somehow rewire the single pole to accomodate the old
3 way switch ?

Thanks in Advance,
AC

I had pretty much the same situation once. I had a Chevy Corvette
with 389 cubic inch engine that red-lined at 3200 rpm, and would go
about 85mph in 3rd, let alone what it would do in fourth.

I took out the V-8 engine and replaced it with a Briggs and Stratton
3.5 HP engine. Then all I had to do was modify the Briggs engine
installation so I could go 55MPH in the Corvette.

And that wasn't as difficult as it might sound to some of the
sourpusses here.

All I had to do was take out the B&S engine and replace it with a 389
cubic inch V-8. The whole thing only took 2 days.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.