Posted to alt.home.repair
bill

Default gas furnace- what is normal?

I just wanted to know if gas valve cycling is normal while the
thermostst waits to be satisfied. one says no others say yes.???
anyway...i changed a dirty filter and the valve remeined opened during
the complete cycle, which leads me to believe... that gas valve
cycling ( on my model) is NOT normal.......Thanks for your inputs and
discussion. its all helpful.. Bill

On 23 Nov 2005 04:18:12 -0800, "buffalobill"
wrote:

mike b's post reminded me to tell you that we've cleared up a
malfunction more than once, cleaning out the silicone updraft flue
blower motor tube connection with a paperclip.

"Mine did that too, but is a diff model Carrier. Was caused by a slug
of
water in the draft motor pressure switch tubing.

MikeB"