Larry Jaques

Default Mill drill, or drill mill?

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 15:23:32 GMT, Stan Stocker
pixelated:

Larry Jaques wrote:
The G1005 is a smaller mill drill. Side by side with the G1006 that
look the same, just the 1005 is smaller. I think the larger table and
thicker column make the G1006 quite a bit more useful.

I meant the Enco mill/drill and the G1006 appeared
to be the same machine.

I notice on the Grizzly site that the G1005 is now "G1005Z" I don't
know if this now means these are sourced from PRC rather than Taiwan.
My G1006 is from Taiwan, it's either a rebadged RF30 or a darn good copy.

How do you like it? When I finally get tired of
fabricating my repair parts with vise/hammer/file
and belt sander, I may jump for either a mini-mill
or G1006. I like the Griz products but own mostly
woodworking machines from them.

The Grizzly G0517 appears to be the same (or very similar) machine as
the HF unit the original post referred to, just green :-)

The G1005Z and G0517 look related, too, with 1-or-sub-HP
ratings. Those models and the HF stuff are pretty much
"wannabe machines", wot?

---
Chaos, panic, and disorder--my work here is done.