Andy Hall

Default Washing Machines - what make ?

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 18:58:12 +0100, "Dave Gibson"
wrote:

"Huge" wrote in message

Err, no. The average lifetime of a Miele is 22 years.That means you've

spent
£1200 in the same time, some 2.5 times what the Miele owner has.

And how many people who buy a Miele actually keep them 22 years?

I thought they threw them out every 5 years after they ripped out the new
kitchen and refitted with everything that 'matched' ?

Er no.

We've had our Miele washer for over 12 years and the tumble dryer for
not much less than that. Apart from the very solid build, the
metalwork has shown no signs of deterioration at all, and neither has
the cosmetic appearance.

The design appearance tends to be very plain, neutral and timeless so
there is no reason to change machines on that account.

The newest models have a facility whereby the control firmware can be
updated to account for new detergent technology and fabric types,
which seems eminently sensible if the mechanics are likely to last for
over 20 years.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl