Stan Stocker

Default Mill drill, or drill mill?

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 06:09:33 GMT, Stan Stocker
pixelated:

snipped

The G1005 appears to compare directly with the
HFT (but Griz DOES do better finish machining on
their products than HFT even if the castings are
the same.) The G1006 appears to be a much better
made model with a much more precise head. You don't
see 0.001" calibration specs on HFT machines. g
How do those compare to the $1k Enco models? The
G1006 appears to be the same machine, a Rong-Fu.
http://www.irvansmith.com/catalog2/p...ll_drill.shtml
http://www.grizzly.com/products/item...emnumber=G1006

snip
Hi Larry,

The G1005 is a smaller mill drill. Side by side with the G1006 that
look the same, just the 1005 is smaller. I think the larger table and
thicker column make the G1006 quite a bit more useful.

I notice on the Grizzly site that the G1005 is now "G1005Z" I don't
know if this now means these are sourced from PRC rather than Taiwan.
My G1006 is from Taiwan, it's either a rebadged RF30 or a darn good copy.

The Grizzly G0517 appears to be the same (or very similar) machine as
the HF unit the original post referred to, just green :-)

Cheers,
Stan