Posted to alt.home.repair
Mud

Default Thanks To All For Your Help.... Lamp Socket Question

In the end, I wound up taking my pliers and pressing gently around the base
of the socket shell and then gently twisting the cap loose from the bottom.
I hope that I got the names of the pieces correct in my answer but once I
got the bottom out, then it was "duck soup" in doing the rest. Thanks again
to everyone for your help.

"Mud" wrote in message
om...
I am replacing an 8" Lamp Harp with a 10" one. To do so, it looks like I
have to remove the light socket from the wiring. My question is:

How do I remove the bottom piece of the socket that pushes into the top
piece of the socket. The directions state to remove the socket shell from
cap by pressing where noted on the shell. Well, I don't see it noted
anywhere and I certainly can't find the place to press in order to enable
pulling the socket shell out.

Any help is sincerely appreciated. Hopefully, you understand what I'm
talking about. For those who may not recognize what a lamp harp is, it's
the whole piece that the lamp shade screws onto. I didn't know that was
what it was called until now.