Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andy Cuffe

Default RTV silicone good as gasket for TV's ?

On 22 Nov 2005 09:56:35 -0800, "moonlite" wrote:

Has anyone used high temp RTV silicone as gasket for projo TV CRT's ?
My supplier wants too much $$ for a gasket I need to seal a projo TV
CRT. I drained it of coolant liquid and want to refill with new one.
Thanks

moonlite

Sony did make some projection CRTs in the 80's that were sealed with
RTV instead of a gasket and screws. The seals never leaked, but they
were a nightmare to disassemble to change the fluid. After cleaning I
reassembled them with regular RTV and, as far as I know, none ever
leaked.
Andy Cuffe

-- Use this address until 12/31/2005

-- Use this address after 12/31/2005