Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
M.J.

Default A funny story

"LRod" wrote in message
On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 11:49:58 +0000, Alun
wrote:

I've no idea what finish I applied at the
time, but I'm fairly certain it wasn't food safe

This is rapidly taking over as the biggest urban myth in woodworking
(next to exploding dust collection systems).

Virtually any finish except lead paint is "food safe" once it's cured.

Snip................

--
LRod

Couldn't agree more Lrod. Some woodturners are continuously worrying about
"foodsafe" finishes when half the damn food we buy isn't
"foodsafe".................... I'd be more concerned about putting
something sold in a McDonalds in my mouth than I would eating off a wooden
plate.
--

Regards,
M.J. (Mike) Orr