Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,misc.survivalism
Harold and Susan Vordos

Default OT - Spanking...Should You or Shouldn't You?

"Dave Lyon" wrote in message

"Dave Lyon" wrote in message
snip----

Good parenting is lots of hard work.

Yep! It is. And the parents should be consistent, and have a back

bone.

And that is what I think is the real answer to this debate! Kids don't

need
more friends, that's not a parents job, they need parents that will stand

up
and do the right thing even if it means the kids will be upset with them.
And, they need to do it every time!

Depending on the child, many different methods of parenting may work, but
you cannot substitute for being consistent.

Exactly!

I watched with dismay as my brother didn't discipline his kids, even when
they deserved a serious spanking. Example: Ladies washing dishes at a
large gathering, his kids (two boys) outside with the garden hose, spraying
them through the open window. "Don't, son. Don't, son. Don't, son.
When three "Don't, son"s didn't work, he dropped the subject.

Sorry, that calls for some serious intervention, and consistency.

Harold