Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

Default OT - Is Rush Limburg back on the happy pills?

"tonyp" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote

... As for Intelligent Design, let them try to
explain the lamprey eel or neocons.

"Intelligent design" is, at best, a metaphor -- like Adam Smith's

"invisible
hand". The difference is that Adam Smith was not such an idiot as to
confuse metaphor with explanation. Otherwise, "Wealth of Nations" would
have been a much shorter book :-)

Well, I think the ID folks really mean it--literally, rather than
metaphorically.

As for Smith, I think he meant it, too, except, of course, that the hand
itself was a metaphor.

Smith didn't anticipate oligopoly or the cocaine trade. Besides, in his
other life, he worked as a mercantilist advisor to the Crown. He had his
bases covered, obviously taking Pascal's Wager to heart. g

--
Ed Huntress