Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick

Default Iron Studs

I am planning my Christmas project, which will be making an oak door.

The design I want is much like a castle door, thay you would see on an
old english castle (located in wales). Its 50 inches wide, and 7 foot
tall, so its not your standard size. The frame is made from 8x4 and
8x14 oak, its set in a real stone wall, so it has to have a chunky
solid look.

The outside will have vertical planks, and iron nail studs, with a
large heavy knocker.

The problem I have right now, is where to get the iron studs from.
These can either be functionl or decrotive. I really want 1/4 inch
square/diamond heads. Anybody have any ideas - I have searched the
web, but not found anything much.

I also want squeeky hinges - like on scooby doo :-)

Thanks
Rick