Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default CH Questions

In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Indeed. A 22mm connection from a shower boss on the cylinder and a
22mm connection from the cold tank (over two floors higher than the
shower) gives rather more in the way of a satisfying shower than the
relative dribble from a combination boiler. No need for the
complication of a shower pump either.

But you need a tall building and that over two floors is about 1 bar
which is what a power shower pump may deliver.

No I don't. But knowing your pipework, *you* probably do.

And this 22mm pipe will require a large cylinder which cost a lot to
heat and a large water bills too.

I don't pay for the water I use. If you were stupid enough to have a meter
fitted that's your lookout.

I have never come across dribbles from combi boilers,

You don't get out much, do you? Thought you claimed to be some form of
'heating engineer'

electric showers,
yes, not combis.

People want the pressure of a shower, not the flow so
much.

'People' want to get clean. And this needs water, not 'pressure'. Fool.

--

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.