Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen Gower

Default For the ip gurus How to get ip address if you only have the mac address

wrote:

We have a couple of D-Link print servers. We can determine the mac
address from the label on the underside, but we think thet we must have
given them fixed ip addresses (back in the mists of time).

Again, I see this is solved now, but another trick is to set up a
static ARP pair on the XP machine:

arp -s a-free-ip-on-your-network device-MAC

and then telnet to the given ip address. You can often get to the
management agent of the device using this method, and then see what
IP address it thinks it has.
--
Selah