Roy Hauer

Default Clean shops.

Just think, you may be holding one of those boxes that contained the
ballots from the Bush/Gore campaign. I just know some fool on ebay
would buy em at a good price if they knew that. May even get some
buying them just to make sure there was not any ballots left in them
that should have been counted, and just to be fair some that would buy
them just to make sure a ballot did not get counted ;-)

On 16 Jul 2003 05:11:59 -0700, Ed Sievers
wrote:

x-I am a self admitted slob in my shop, but recently found some great metal
x-box's scrapped from the Florida vote system. They held punched cards,
x-and was lucky enough to find an aluminum baking rack on wheels they just
x-nested in. Now I have a rack of 20 filled with small odds & ends that I
x-can move freely around the shop.
x-The local scrap dealer in Ft.Myers is kind enough to let people wander at
x-will in his yard to pick, and choose. Hope nothing happens to end it all as it
x-is a real candy store for me.
x-Things are a lot neater now.....well at least until all the box's get full.
x-Ed Sievers
x-
x-
x-In article ,
x-says...
x-
x-I am a died-in-the-wool junkie. That is, EVERYTHING looks like raw
x-material to me. It is a character fault, but one which my boss
x-recognized and in this recognization, kept me out of the cleanup
x-details. He knew I would just put everything in boxes and find a
x-place to store the boxes. Whenever the lab needed a cleaning, he
x-would assign people to it that could make reasonable decisions about
x-what should go to the dumpster. I would be in the dumpster after work
x-looking to see if they had thrown away anything interesting.
x-Dumpster-stuff is fair game for the garage at home.
x-
x-I would also check the machine shop scrap bins whenever I walked by.
x-Many times I would find a cache of drill bits, mill cutters and a file
x-or two. I can just imagine... the guy's boss walks by saying "This
x-area is a pigsty! Clean it up!".
x-The machinist is busy, working on something he knows is hot. So he
x-gets a box, sweeps everything from his bench into the box and throws
x-it into the dumpster. He can get new drills, files, etc. from the
x-tool crib for asking anyway.
x-
x-Brownnsharp

--