Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,misc.survivalism
John Husvar

Default OT - Spanking...Should You or Shouldn't You?

In article ,
Ignoramus1487 wrote:

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 21:35:28 GMT, John Husvar wrote:
Hell, when my parents were trying to get a commission-paid trucking
terminal off the ground, I practically raised my sister. We were ten
years apart. My mother could check in several times a day because they
built the first office in the garage beside the house, but my baby
sister was my responsibility between times. (They did make sure I got
some breaks to go out and just be a kid.)

Nowadays, that would be child neglect, I suppose.

It would not be, I suppose, if you were a responsible young individual
above age when babysitting is allowed.

I was ten and she was less than a year when this all started. I'm not
sure of the "official right age" for babysitters. I was responsible
enough, apparently, for several years.

Of course, when I was at school, my mother had to take Sis to the office
with her, but I managed to take good care of her when both my parents
had to be working.