Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default For the ip gurus How to get ip address if you only have the mac address

wrote:
Here's the scenario.....

We have a couple of D-Link print servers. We can determine the mac
address from the label on the underside, but we think thet we must have
given them fixed ip addresses (back in the mists of time).

Is there a utility we can run (windows or DOS i'm afraid) that will
return an ip address and or hostname given a mac address?

snip

Any ideas?

Try openning a command prompt and use 'ARP -a'

You should probably try printing to the print server in question
first..

M.
(Not an IP Expert !)