Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen

Default CH Questions

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 00:38:28 +0000 (GMT) someone who may be "Dave
Plowman (News)" wrote this:-

They are useless for showers,

How good the shower is depends on the flow - not just pressure.

Indeed. A 22mm connection from a shower boss on the cylinder and a
22mm connection from the cold tank (over two floors higher than the
shower) gives rather more in the way of a satisfying shower than the
relative dribble from a combination boiler. No need for the
complication of a shower pump either.

Perhaps you'd be surprised to know that lids are available and should be
used.

Must be used in fact. There are certainly no rodents (or birds) in
any of the cold tanks that I keep an eye on for various members of
the family.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh