Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matt

Default Antifreeze in the Oil filler!..

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 00:47:44 +0000, Andy Dingley
wrote:

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 10:18:14 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

It also used to be common practice to use diesel as a flushing oil in a
petrol engine.

Diesel _oil_ (a detergent oil) surely, not DERV !

No, definitely DERV. Usually half drain the old oil, top up with
diesel. run for a short period at normal load. Drain, fill to normal
level with pure diesel restart and idle for an extended period. Drain
and fill with oil. I'm not totally sure on why the two stage process
would be needed but that's the way I've seen it done.