Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,misc.survivalism
Antipodean Bucket Farmer

Default OT - Spanking...Should You or Shouldn't You?

In article WYLgf.593066$xm3.147384@attbi_s21,
says...

"Alex" wrote in message
oups.com...
Dave,

you kids are lucky to have such parents!

Thanks. I hope you're right. The bad part about parenting is that you really
don't know how good you've done until your kids are grown!

Not necessarily. I've encountered parents who did a
bad job in either direction.

One set was criminally abusive and neglectful. We're
talking violence as entertainment. They ended up with
seriously damaged young adult offspring. And yet were
convinced that they (the parents) were just sweet and
nice, and acted confused about why those nasty,
ungrateful brats turned out so pathetic in two cases,
and hateful/negative in the other case.

The other set was weak and spoiled their kid. Zero
discipline or enforcement of rules, limits, or
consideration for others. They ended up with a vicious
sociopath/habitual-criminal adult offspring. And yet
were convinced that they (the parents) were smart and
skilled, and acted confused about why the big, bad
society/other-people had caused their sweet baby to
have such conflicts.

Parents are accountable and responsible when they
produce nice, happy, well-behaved adult offspring. But
the accountability and responsibility disappears or
shifts when the ultimate parenting result (I.e. that
young adult) turns out negatively.

--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Due
http://www.cardreport.com/