Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,misc.survivalism
Harold and Susan Vordos

Default OT - Spanking...Should You or Shouldn't You?

"Dave Lyon" wrote in message
snip----

Good parenting is lots of hard work.

Yep! It is. And the parents should be consistent, and have a back bone.

Often otherwise
loving parents give up when they've had a hard day and they have to get up
from the couch once again to discipline junior for the 5th time that
evening.

5th time because they haven't taught the kid any manners, and the kid hasn't
ever had to pay a price. Interestingly, the day comes when he/she will.
Society, in general, has little tolerance for such people. Imagine the
rude awakening when a kid pulls the usual BS as a young adult and loses a
good job because the boss doesn't have to put up with it.

I hate it when I see a child like you're referring to in the store. It

makes
me want to walk over to the kid and give him a good swat, then smack the
parent for allowing it. It's not the kids fault for being a turd. It's the
parents.

I agree. Just yesterday, in K-Mart, where there's a Little Caesars Pizza
restaurant, I watched as a kid climbed over a railing time and again,
while two of his younger siblings were running around screaming, crawling
under the tables. The mother had five young ones with her, and all she
did was apologize for their behavior, never once attempting to discipline
them. At what point in life will these kids begin to understand that
there are boundaries?

Harold