Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub

Default Have you used a propane space heater?

siralfred wrote:
Hi all, just hoping someone can give me some advice on choosing a
propane powered space heater for my garage. It's about 350 sq ft with

9' ceiling, so 10 - 15K BTUs should be sufficient. If you've had
experience with any particular make and/or model, good or bad, please
share. What are the pros and cons of vented and ventfree models, etc?

Any advice you can give is much appreciated!

It's not the size so much as it is the insulation. A bigger volume does take
longer to reach the desired temperature, of course, but it's the insulation
that determines if it ever WILL reach the desired temperature.

Many years ago I saw an ice storage shed that kept the ice below freezing,
with a 1/4 ton air conditioner, in 100+ degree days. The sucker was lined
with about two feet of cork! Must have been R200!