Posted to alt.home.repair
blueman

Default Intermatic vs. Aube light timers - experiences?

writes:
Oh, btw - I emailed Aube to ask if the T1034 is compatible with compact
fluorescents. Got a response today in which the rep (emailing from
Honywell... interesting) said to check with the bulb manufacturer and
ask if their bulbs work with timers (uh...). He/she also recommended
the T1035A (higher max wattage), claiming it was compatible, but
warning that a neutral wire in the box is absolutely necessary. I'm
not posistive this person knew what they were talking about, but I
thought it might be lead for you.

I have been using the non-solar version with CF's and it works fine --
I had checked with Aube before to confirm.