Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Painting Metal Doors

A sun gun sounds like it would dry oil based paint very nicely, with
the various chemical reactions in the paint taking their energy of
activation from both the heat and the energetic radiation. I know
there's a solvent component that evaporates to prevent runs, and the
oil component. But does the oil polymerize, which is a reaction that
might use UV, or oxidize, which is something that heat would help, or
both? I don't know if oxidation would be assisted by UV. The reason I
say that is I have this sense that polymerization is energetically
uphill, while oxidation is downhill. I'm not sure if that is right.

Metalworking content: we are still talking about metal doors, right?

Doug