Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,misc.survivalism
Antipodean Bucket Farmer

Default OT - Spanking...Should You or Shouldn't You?

In article
,
says...

"Alex" wrote in message
oups.com...
Jerry,

crime rate is lowest now in 20-30 years. If I find statiscics I'll post
a link. Jail population big is due to a increased population.
In any case we shouldn't attribute changes in crime rate to a single
factor( like spanking)

I agree that a number of factors are involved. And I didn't state that
there was a direct cause-effect. I simply said, "you have to wonder."

BUT, in the State of California (just as a simple example), the population
of the state approximately doubled from 1960 to 2000 (rough figures, about
15,000,000 to about 30,000,000). Meanwhile, the total number of inmates in
California prisons increased nearly ten-fold (again, rough figures, about
18,000 to about 160,000).

"Three strikes and you're out" law.

Increased crowding leads to more opportunity and
stress-inspiration for crime.

More welfare ("Idle hands are the devil's workshop.")

Lots and lots more drugs, including the crack cocaine
epidemic starting in the late 80s. Leading to
increases in direct drug-crime, like sales/possession,
but also to increases in indirect drug-crime, like
muggings/burglaries/prostitution, etc, to get money for
dope.

I suspect that the drugs are the biggest factor.

--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Due
http://www.cardreport.com/