Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

Default Painting Metal Doors

IR are heat red looking lamps.
I was referring to the 'sun gun' - quartz tube that produces dangerous amounts of UV
and normally has some protective shielding. They will burn (sun burn) you.

Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

DoN. Nichols wrote:
According to Martin H. Eastburn :

And oil based paints won't cure on wet surfaces or damp surfaces.
Use a heat lamp or the UV work lamps... to dry out the work and then start...

Umm ... don't you mean "*IR* work lamps"?

I could see UV used to hasten the setting of some epoxys, but I
don't think that it will do much on oil based paints.

Enjoy,
DoN.