Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques

Default Contact Burnisher?

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 20:07:25 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, John
Husvar quickly quoth:

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:

Where can I find one of those nice little pen-style electrical contact
burnishing pens (cheap), guys? Feeler-gauge types would be OK, too.

My 3-year old stove is making serious arcing sounds of late.

Damn, I thought those things had gone out with the Charleston! (and
points files)

Points files did, but burnishers are still in use in industrial
settings. Those $600 breakers and relays need TLC. I just didn't
want to pay $17 for a pen + $7.50 to ship it to me.

Why don't you just throw out the whole stove and buy another one? What's
wrong with you? It's a disposable-products, consumption-driven, economy,
doncha know?

I can't afford one due to high gasoline prices.
(Down to $2.42.9 today. Yippee!)

Unhappily consumers are now being considered just as disposable as the
products.

Sad as hell, isn't it?

I sent in my $5, so * http://www.diversify.com/stees.html
why haven't I been 'saved'? * Graphic Design - Humorous T-shirts