Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Default The Mouse Is Winning The War

He may be chewing and nesting on the stove insulation. I had to buy a
new stove because of this. Be sure there is not a hole under the
stove too. Often a hole around gas pipe. Once you know there is no
hole in the floor or wall, Get some glue traps. Put boards around
stove so the only way out is across the glue trap. That mouse will
need food and water and will be forced to cross the glue trap. (I
perfer the larger "rat sized" glue traps.

Good luck

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 17:25:41 GMT, (Jack) wrote:

So far, he has safely removed peanut butter from conventional mouse
traps on three occasions without tripping them. He ignores various
types of poison bait. The two cats don't have a clue.

So yesterday, I paid $20 for an electronic Victor meecie trap. This
morning, the green light was lit, AHA, success at last!

Bull****, not only was there no carcass, he somehow escaped, despite
the manufacturer's assurance to the contrary. His main residence is
under the kitchen oven; hope he ain't chewing on that wire with its
240V power.

All fruits and paper and cardboard-packaged food is safely put away.
Guess the only thing to do is continue to use the conventional meece
traps and hope that he gets cocky.