Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
mm

Default The Mouse Is Winning The War

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 17:25:41 GMT, (Jack) wrote:

So far, he has safely removed peanut butter from conventional mouse
traps on three occasions without tripping them. He ignores various
types of poison bait. The two cats don't have a clue.

So yesterday, I paid $20 for an electronic Victor meecie trap. This
morning, the green light was lit, AHA, success at last!

Bull****, not only was there no carcass, he somehow escaped, despite
the manufacturer's assurance to the contrary. His main residence is
under the kitchen oven; hope he ain't chewing on that wire with its
240V power.

If you know where they are you are in good shape. stuff a towell
under the front of the stove (or do you only mean oven?) and put down
glue traps at the front sides. If you think there is any chance a
mouse can side-step the trap, put down two, one after the other. Do
the same at the end of row of floor cabinets, so he can't get out that
way. I've seen a mouse go across t he counter and down the gap I
have between the counter and the unfortunately not-straight wall. I
haven't seen one come out that way, but they are good acrobats. Put a
box on a crack if you have even a tiny crack there, and weight it
down. Make a perimeter as if you were at the Battle of the Bulge
commanding American forces, so they have to go across the glue traps
to get out, or in.

All fruits and paper and cardboard-packaged food is safely put away.

This is good, but in my case, it was too late to put things away after
something had attracted them into the house in the first place. Once
they are in, they can find something to eat, iiuc.

Guess the only thing to do is continue to use the conventional meece
traps and hope that he gets cocky.

Remember, they run along the walls and not in the middle of the room
(though I saw some run across my hall from a bedroom to the stairs.
But there was no way, short of entering the bathroom and then the big
bedroom and running along all those walls,( more than 100 feet total,
as opposed to 3 feet in the open), But the hall was not the place to
put the trap. Rather, at each side of the doorway to the bedroom.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.