Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Have you used a propane space heater?

"siralfred" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all, just hoping someone can give me some advice on choosing a
propane powered space heater for my garage. It's about 350 sq ft with

9' ceiling, so 10 - 15K BTUs should be sufficient. If you've had
experience with any particular make and/or model, good or bad, please
share. What are the pros and cons of vented and ventfree models, etc?

Any advice you can give is much appreciated!

How do you know that 10 to 15K is sufficient? My garage/shop is about 400
sq. ft. and my 30,000 Btu heater is not enough on the really cold days, say
below 20, it is not a comfy shop.

I use a Reddy Heater, unvented. While it works well, it has a fan that must
run constantly. After an hour or so, the fan becomes annoying. I'd look for
a silent type if I was buying again.

Vent free has not been a problem as far as breathing, but propane does
contain moisture and you may get some condensation.