Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,misc.survivalism
Scott Lurndal

Default OT - Spanking...Should You or Shouldn't You?

writes:

The reason for my question is, I stayed home alone at about the age of
7 or so, it was customary where I grew up. Nothing terribly bad
happened and it was not particularly challenging.

The only thing that I did that was wrong was melting a lot of lead
(maybe at age 11 or so), I enjoyed lead casting and my mom would not
allow me to do it (quite wisely). So I did it when no one was
home. That was not good for me, I suppose.

You are joking, I suppose.

When I was 11 I'd buy KNO3 and sulfer by the lb from the local
druggist. In those days, the pharmacist had barrels of
each in the basement. Add a little charcoal, voila!

Got my first rifle about then too.

Times sure have changed.