Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,misc.survivalism

Default OT - Spanking...Should You or Shouldn't You?

Believe me, it was taken care of. But, it had been going on for years before
we moved to the street. The damage was done. The kids are 18-22 now, and in
therapy. The oldest has her own kids. Guess how she behaves toward them. The
exact same way.

Doug, when I was kid, there was a boy down the street whose dad was a
drunk. Every time he would put one on he would come home and beat that
kid bloody. I mean bad. He used belts, boards, whatever was handy.
This was in the late 50's and the police would do nothing. I wonder
what happened to him. That image has stuck with me all these years.
It was ugly.
That more then my parents example (it was good) influenced how I
disciplined my kids.I tried to always put their welfare first and
never let anger motivate my discipline.