Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Alex

Default OT - Spanking...Should You or Shouldn't You?

I second that "Dare to Discipline" by Dr. Dobson is good book.

Listening to anyone that has raised good kids is good but professionals
have accumulated knowledge of miliions of different cases and can give
you better advise.

Please also don't forget about cases when children in some absolutly
disfunctional families grew up to become great people. On the other
hand there are some terrible adults grew up in families with good
caring parents.
I don't want to sound to pessimistic but sometime times it's just not
up to us or anyone else to change some children behavior. The best
example of that is when in the same family you have one perfectly
behaving kid and one . Same parents, same enviroment, same evething and
completely different outcome.
Reading books on parenting, trying not to hurt your kid no matter how
angry you are and searching for professinal help if needed is in my
opinion the best strategy.