Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim McGill

Default High temperature plastic gasket

Got a request for a food grade gasket that will handle ~250 deg. F and
neither degrade nor get soft when exposed to alcohols like methanol and
ethanol at those temperatures (goes between a window that looks into a
reflux condenser on a still and its brass housing). I figured that
sheets of that high temperature plastic that they use for modern
spatulas that you can use in a fry pan and not melt would be a good
place to start. But after some Google work which either gives me way too
much or no information, I'm not finding what kind of plastic it is so
I'm tossing it to you guys. Any suggestions what the material is called
and where I'd find 1/8" - 1/4" sheet stock?

Thanks

Jim