Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Cartmell

Default Council tax and new ways..........

In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:
On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 11:04:52 +0000, Mark
wrote:

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:00:32 +0000, Andy Hall
wrote:

Quite. It would have been far better to have left it alone and not
have attempted to make every establishment a "university".

So why do you want a similar model applied to schools?

I don't. It's just the opposite.

I would like to see diversity and self management without the
government involved.

Whereas I would like to see diversity with the LEA taking over the management
and letting schools get on with teaching - with the government limited to
providing the money - just as it was before the Thatcher government made a
mess of it all...