Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

Default Discontinued Delta Bandsw tires

"mike from American Sycamore" wrote in message

It is not Delta nor Black & Decker fault....it is the stupid American
consumer....

I would agree that the consumer is not as smart as he used to be ... but
using that as an excuse for poor quality pretty well confirms that neither
is management.

not....Do not blame the manufactures for building the products into the
price point that the custyomer wants to pay!

That seems to fly directly into the face of your original implication about
B & D, to wit:

Black & Decker is investing a lot of capital into their brands to make
them better and to make them even
more of a good value.

No doubt there is validity in what you say. Too damn bad the offshoot is
that quality is becoming so rare that, even if you are willing to pay, it is
becoming difficult to find.

However, I am having difficulty in looking to B & D to rectify that.

Once again, my point is that what you are observing with B & D is no more
than the trading upon the _perception_ of past quality by those historically
incapable of producing same.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/05