Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

Default Discontinued Delta Bandsw tires

"mike from American Sycamore" wrote in message
I have been traveling and doing the Woodworking Shows across the
country. I work daily with the crews from Delta, Porter-Cable, and
Dewalt. I have been to Black & Decker University and I am very pleased
that I have worked with and met most of the top management from Black &
Decker in the woodworking department. Everyone has been so nice and so
very professional. Everything I hear and my gut feeling is that Black
& Decker will be good for everyone. Black & Decker is investing a lot
of capital into their brands to make them better and to make them even
more of a good value.

While I have no reason to doubt your observations, Mike, for some reason the
words "Black & Decker" are just not associated in my mind with quality ...
and I'm as suspicious of the ultimate outcome of that association as I would
be if Lee Valley were taken over by Home Depot.

In my mind it goes straight back to the fallacy in thinking that is
perpetuated in MBA schools - that you can "acquire" instead of develop, and
"manage" without the knowledge that development imparts.

Just look around ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/05