Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,misc.survivalism
Doug Kanter

Default OT - Spanking...Should You or Shouldn't You?

wrote in message
news
On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 20:50:43 -0500, Kenneth
wrote:

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 00:37:05 GMT, "Dave Lyon"
wrote:

One might hope that the adults who advocate hitting children
have the opportunity to be hit by someone five times their
own weight.

Now that would be a lesson...

All the best,
--
Kenneth

Just out of curiosity, how many kids do you have, and how do they act?

One... He's six, and is a joy. He behaves as we would expect
a healthy child of his age to act, but is disciplined,
understands what is right and wrong, and is a happy, well
adjusted kid.

All the best,

Now that's special a perfect father to a perfect son.
So just what and the hell is a "well adjusted kid"? Adjusted to What?
Adjusted to You? Adjusted to the weather? Adjusted to the new dog?
You have a six year old boy who is well adjusted, knows right from
wrong, and is happy. I guess your job is done, time to send him off to
college.

So...you're suggesting that because the kid hasn't been hit, something's
missing from his life? Clue: Some people are better than others at using
words, which is one thing that makes some parents, teachers, clergymen,
managers and political leaders better than others. If you think that every
child will need physical punishment, you're sorely misguided.