Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Council tax and new ways..........

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 00:15:52 -0000, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"John Cartmell" wrote in message
In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
The 11 Plus is still sat. I thought that garbage had gone years ago.

Both my daughters sat it. The elder probably achieved a higher score than

boys
that were paid by the LEA to go to the local private grammar school but

she
could only go to the girls' equivalent if we paid. We did. She later went

university and now has a degree and a PGCE.

The 11-plus still causes havoc around here.

I should be banned forthwith.

Couldn't agree more.

It is the most stupid thing British education
ever came up with. It stinks of petty snobbery.

--

..andy