Posted to alt.home.repair
Greg O

Default galvanized pipe for gas

"Calvin Henry-Cotnam" wrote in message
news:Q2rgf.1849$hW.463@tor-nn1...

Which is better for compressed air?

I would like to run a permanent line from a location where I would like
to run the compressor (for noise reasons) to another room for use.

Years ago, I used to work in a plastics molding plant and I seem to
recall that galvanized pipe was used for the compressed air lines, but
I thought I would throw the question out here to see what opinions there
are.

For what ever it's worth, I have never seen galvanized pipe for air in a
commercial/industrial application. Not saying it does not exist, but plain
black pipe is more common.
I see no reason why you can not use either. Today's galvanized pipe is much
cleaner than years ago so flaking should not be a concern.
Greg