Posted to rec.woodworking
mike from American Sycamore

Default Discontinued Delta Bandsw tires

I have been traveling and doing the Woodworking Shows across the
country. I work daily with the crews from Delta, Porter-Cable, and
Dewalt. I have been to Black & Decker University and I am very pleased
that I have worked with and met most of the top management from Black &
Decker in the woodworking department. Everyone has been so nice and so
very professional. Everything I hear and my gut feeling is that Black
& Decker will be good for everyone. Black & Decker is investing a lot
of capital into their brands to make them better and to make them even
more of a good value.

I do not know how to put this in nicer words, but that 10" bandsaw is
made for a light duty occasional use and I believe that it sold for
less than $99.00. This saw should be purchased for a child's hobby.
I always refused to sell it for I knew that it was a low end worthless
saw and only someone very frugal would even buy one. To be upset with
Delta for not having replacement parts for it is unfair. IMHO

Now if you had spent $800.00 for a real bandsaw and could not get parts
for it, then I too would feel your pain.

Good Luck,
Mike from American Sycamore