Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Duane Bozarth

Default Burning corn - Get popcorn?

Dave Hinz wrote:

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 09:04:21 -0800, Bill wrote:
The thought just occured to me that if you were burning dried out corn cobs,
you might get popcorn! Does this happen?

Hard to say - I didnt' know anyone was burning cobs - not a lot of heat
content for the volume.

There are at least some producers who do burn cobs since they are an
available otherwise of little balue byproduct--don't know of much other
use, however.

As a note, there's no corn on a cob after harvested...

But, as louie noted, if it's dry grain, there's insufficient moisture to
effectively pop kernels. Regular corn doesn't pop all that well
anyway--it will pop if wet, but not nearly as well as popping corn.
Popping corns are specific varieties bred for the purpose.