Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.design
Donald

Default where can I go for prototyping?

Shawn Wilson wrote:
I have an idea for a new device, basically a new wireless access point, and
need someone to make it for me.

I have taken an existing access point and modified it to my idea, but
obviously a new design must be made since my current prototype is made from
a currently pattented device.

I'm not an electronic engineer, I only know enough to do the modifications
that I've done.

What I need done is a new circuit board designed, firmware written, and
enclosure made.

All I have is the idea and a working prototype made from someone elses
product. Any help on where to go next would be appreciated.

I've been googling all afternoon and I can't find any solid leads.

Thanks in advance.

--
Shawn Wilson

Shawn,

If you have a patentable device, you should talk to a patent lawyer first.

Get started in the documentation first thing. As mentioned, you want to
be sure you won't get sued because you got to carried away with the
construction.

Time is on your side right now. Make sure you are protected, or you will
be wasting money for nothing.

donald

PS: If you have an original idea and its patentable, you will be able to
get someone else to build it for you. (after the patent)