Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,misc.survivalism
Jeff McCann

Default OT - Spanking...Should You or Shouldn't You?

E.B. wrote:
Ignoramus14135 wrote:

This post really qualifies as a troll and is off topic for all three
newsgroups.

I think that you need some spankin'!

By the way, lack of parental attention (that is, actually spending
time with kids) is the main reason why children misbehave. At least
small children.

Also, what is misbehavior to adults is often completely normal
exploring behavior on the part of kids, who sometimes wonder just what
the **** are they bring beaten for.

I guess you can call it a never-ending-debate on balance. Whip the kid
to learn in the short-term, but he or she becomes aggressive in nature
later, regardless of what they were being punished for. Ask me, I was
a real bully, fought alot, and nearly ended up in jail even in adult
life. Why? Because my Dad was an NCO who whipped the **** out of me
for the smallest things. Now he says he regrets he was like that.

Note that there is a difference between using spanking occasionally as
one of many disciplinary tools, done without anger in appropriate
circumstances, and whipping a child for the smallest things. I only got
spanked for things that were intentionally mean or personally dangerous,
and I can almost pass for normal today. ;-)

Jeff