Posted to uk.d-i-y
Colum Mylod

Default Need to leave window open , but keep heat out!

On 18 Nov 2005 15:02:24 -0800, wrote:

there is a small 30cm satellite dish on the window sill I need for sky
digital (the tv reception here is appalling - dreadful - you can barely
make out the shapes on the screen)

The way I've seen a 60cm concealed was to have the LNB & rod protrude
through translucent flexible perspex [proper name fails me!] which was
cut to fit the gap of an open window. The dish proper was behind the
plastic. Ideally this arrangement should be 1st floor or higher to
prevent scrotes attacking the LNB. The plastic provided good heat
insulation and is transparent to the 11GHz you want.

Getting a communal dish etc is not going to provide a quicker
solution.
--
New anti-spam address cmylod at despammed dot com