Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Default Antifreeze in the Oil filler!..

tony sayer wrote:
Alright a bit OT!! but my ditzy daughter for some unknown reason went
and dumped around a litre of Antifreeze down the oil filler of her
Mondeo earlier. Fortunately she realised her mistake and some muggins
looks like having to do an Oil change tomorrow;(.

If she had run the engine would this have harmed it at all?.

Never heard of anyone doing this before always a first time I suppose!
Anyone any ideas on what the outcome might have been if it had been
started?..

It won't have helped, but if she just ran it, didn't go down
to the hairdressers and back (!), it should be OK.

Drain the oil/antifreeze off, change the filter and put in
new oil, go for a leisurely run. If you felt *particular*,
you could change the filter, fill up with cheap oil, go for
a run, re-do oil/filter change, but I don't think it'll
make a lot of difference (fill the new filter with oil
before fitting it).